When designing your dream kitchen, there are plenty of features every homeowner would love to include. As a result, unfortunately, your budget can get eaten up pretty quickly. So, you might be wondering, what is worth the investment? Here are 10 small kitchen design must-haves that add luxury without breaking the bank.
1. Under Cabinet Lighting: This particular feature adds both ambient lighting and task lighting. Plus if they are dimmable, can serve as a nightlight as well. Under-cabinet LED lights are also energy efficient, and investment, therefore, that saves money over time on utility costs.
2. Hidden Outlets: Your kitchen is required to have a particular number of outlets, to be up to municipal codes. It can be frustrating to have to install them right in the middle of a beautiful backsplash. Homeowners are opting for under cabinet outlets, or retractable outlets that lift up out of the counter.
3. Appliance Garage: Kitchen counters can get cluttered quickly with toasters, coffee pots, blenders or mixers. The appliance garage is the solution. It conveniently stores all your small appliances, so that they are both out of the way, but easily accessible.
4. Glass Doors: Glass cabinet doors are a great option for displaying unique plates or glassware. However, they also offer a convenient, dust-free open option for organizing everyday items.
5. Open Shelving: Open shelving is a trend that has grown and remained popular in the kitchen. It is an artistic way to display not only dishes but canisters, books, even dry goods.
6. Hanging Pot and Utensil Racks: Keep your pots and pans and utensils conveniently stored and accessible. This storage can also create an attractive focal design element within the kitchen.
7. Recycling Done Right: Many counties have made it increasingly easier for folks to recycle. As a result, designers are building organized recycling centers right into the kitchen.
8. Double Ovens: In many instances, two really is better than one. If you do a lot of entertaining, or you have a large family, two ovens are almost a necessity.
9. Separate Ice Maker: While this seems like a bit of a luxury, it serves to free up valuable storage space in the freezer. In addition, you will never run out of ice at an inopportune moment again!
10. Pasta Pot Faucet: It can be tricky filling a large pot with water then carrying it over to the stove. Therefore, many homeowners are opting for a built-in pasta pot faucet mounted right at the stove. It is a functional yet elegant design feature.
These are only a small sampling of the small kitchen design must-haves trending today. Looking for more options to create your dream kitchen? The experts in the Kitchen and Bath Design Center at Friel Lumber will work closely with you. We will help you with every aspect of your design from conception to completion, no matter the size of your project.